The geological sciences department at Salem State University seeks applicants for a tenure track position beginning September 2016. The ideal candidate is a field geologist with expertise in structural geology and a secondary focus on igneous and metamorphic petrology who is committed to undergraduate teaching and research. Teaching assignments will include: Structural Geology for majors, summer field course in Montana, introductory general education courses in the geosciences and serving as senior thesis advisor.
Candidates are required to perform duties in accordance with the MSCA contract. Duties include teaching responsibilities, advising, scholarship and contributions to the development of the department and university. The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The position is subject to available funding.
1. PhD or ABD in the geological sciences; and if ABD, will have doctorate by June 30, 2016
2. Expertise in field geology and bedrock mapping
3. Expertise in Structural Geology
4. Teaching experience (may include part time, and post doc teaching experience)
1. Ability to teach igneous/metamorphic petrology
2. Desire and ability to develop an externally funded, undergraduate-friendly research program
3. Experience with and passion for teaching undergraduate students
4. Experience with undergraduate research
5. Record of scholarly research in the geological sciences
6. Experience and/or interest in New England geology
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach curriculum vitae, cover letter and transcripts.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Completed application materials submitted by October 15, 2015 will receive full consideration, and evaluation will continue until the position is filled. For those attending, we plan to meet with selected candidates at the 2015 GSA Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y3bzhy5xzq